Here are a few important facts to remember when venturing down to the estuary :
* Always keep a safe distance of 5m from the waters edge.
* A crocodile can propel himself out of the water as far as two thirds of his body length.
* A crocodile can swim at a speed of 35 km/h.
* A crocodile can run 7 km/h over a short distance.
* Crocodiles are more active during the summer than winter.
* Crocodiles feed mainly at night.
* An old crocodile looks for easy prey and what is easier, hunting for fish or people in or near the estuary.
* Do not leave children unattended!
* Always be alert when walking/fishing at the estuary.